September 09, 2015
This could easily be a good dairy free alternative that is really easy to make. Nutritional yeast can be bought online or in health food stores.
Calories: 30 per serve, carbs: 04g per serve, fat: 01g per serve, protein: 01g per serve.
Meal Type: -
Recipe Type: -
Prep time: -
Cook time: -
- 1.5 cups Cashews (soaked for a couple of hours in water, and drained)
- 0.33 cups Lemon juice and flesh
- 0.5 cups Water
- 3 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Black peppercorns
Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Store in a jar to use.
You can ferment the cheese by adding a teaspoon of probiotic powder to the mix then storing in a warm spot for at least 12 hours.
This will turn into a feta like consistency.
For access to more recipes, articles, tips, meal planning tools and online nutrition coaching, sign up to my "Be More Awesome" plan today