Chocolate hemp overnight chia with protein frosting
April 15, 2022
So easy and maximising protein. Mixing the protein powder in a smaller amount of water creates a 'frosting' that can go on top. I use plant protein powder for this as it mixes easier. I got my hemp protein powder from Countdown, the Macro Organics range. Serves 1. Per serve: Cal: 322; Fat: 11g; Pro: 40g; Carbs: 8g
Meal Type: Breakfast
Recipe Type: LCHF
Prep time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:01
- 30 grams Hemp protein powder (1 oz)
- 10 grams Chia seeds (0.5 oz)
- 10 grams Unsweetened cocoa powder (0.5 oz)
- 1 cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 Stevia drops, optional
- 28 grams Flavoured plant protein powder, I used Balance Salted Caramel (1 oz)
- 0.5 cups Frozen raspberries
In a small bowl mix the hemp seed protein powder, the chia seeds, the cocoa powder the unsweetened almond milk and the vanilla. Can pop in the microwave for around 1 minute to thicken up* (can pop in fridge overnight at this point and do the rest in the morning).
In another bowl, mix the plant protein with water, adding water slowly to form a paste (and make a 'frosting')
Top the hemp chia pudding with the frosting, add raspberries and you are good to go.
*stevia drops optional - the hemp protein i used is not at all flavoured.