Cauli nozoats bar
May 08, 2021
Like the chocolate zoats bar, but using our mate cauliflower to lower the carbohydrate content but keep the essence of the bar. A little fluffier, still high in fibre and protein. Serves 4. Per serve: Cal: 290; Fat: 11.2g; Pro: 32.9g; Carbs: 7.2g
Meal Type: Breakfast
Recipe Type: LCHF
Prep time: 00:15
Cook time: 00:30
- 400 grams Cauliflower (14 oz)
- 120 grams Whey protein isolate, Vanilla or chocolate (4 oz)
- 0.25 cups Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 0.5 cups Almond meal
- 0.25 cups Psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon Salt, Himalayan
- 3 tablespoon Equal Natural Sweetener (Stevia)
- 0.75 cups Egg whites
- 0.75 cups Almond milk, unsweetened
Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (350 F) and line a square baking tin with paper or use non-stick pan.
Grate or process cauliflower (equivalent to approx 1/2 medium) for it to be 'rice like' in consistency.
Add all ingredients and mix until well blended. Leave to sit for around 10 minutes for psyllium to bloom a little bit.
Transfer to baking tin and pop in oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Leave to cool, cut into four and enjoy with yoghurt or coconut yoghurt with or without berries.